- Teen depression is a serious mental health problem that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest in activities. It affects how your teenager thinks, feels and behaves, and it can cause emotional, functional and physical problems.
- Adolescence is always an unsettling time, with the many physical, emotional, psychological and social changes that accompany this stage of life.
- Unrealistic academic, social, or family expectations can create a strong sense of rejection and can lead to deep disappointment. When things go wrong at school or at home, teens often overreact.
- Adolescent depression is increasing at an alarming rate.
There are thought to be many causes of depression. Some may be:
- Traumatic Life Event
- Social Situation/Family Circumstances
- Medical Conditions
- Medications/Illegal Drugs.
Psychotherapy provides teens an opportunity to explore events and feelings that are painful or troubling to them.
Psychotherapy also teaches them coping skills.
Call today for a free phone consultation ( 209) 651-2041